Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Untitled....

I feel like there are so many things to write about. You'd think I would have all kinds of free time now, but I feel busier than ever!

I made it - I graduated from college on Saturday! The past four years that truly seemed impossible to get through more times than I could count ended with joy, tears, family, friends, and a diploma. I didn't want to walk in the graduation ceremony, but I did because my parents really wanted me to. My parents and my grandpa and his wife attended. They were proud of me, and that meant a lot. I'm glad I walked for them. We had a nice lunch at Lucca after the ceremony and the party began at 6:00pm! I was blessed by the number of family members that showed up as well as a few friends! It was surprising to see how proud my family was of me. The evening ended with four friends praying over me - what better way to end?! I am very blessed!
College graduate!

Me and Alyssa

Marrita, me, and Kali


Taylor and me - I love this girl so much! And I'm so proud of her for the medal she's sportin' that she earned Saturday morning at the Special Olympics!


Mom and me

Mary Kate (who graduates from high school soon!) and me


Oliver and me - he's lookin' so grown up! I guess we're all growin' up!


Oliver, me, and Mary Kate!

Katie and me


Me, Danielle, Jonathan, Marrita, and Gabe :)
So, I made it - by the grace of God - and that alone - I made it! I think I made the mistake though through all these hard times of believing that once I was done with school and finally able to teach everything would be okay. Because boy did the enemy hit me hard come Saturday! I have not enjoyed school the least bit and couldn't wait to be done. But, it was familiar. I have had an overwhelming since of fear of the unknown and doubt. What if I'm not a good teacher? What if I never make a difference? So many what if's. It wasn't until my women's Bible study last night, that I began to see those as lies from the enemy. I was honestly believing them as truth. Praise God for light on that! I have felt like I have a to-do list with a million things on it, but I decided today I needed to go see "my" kids. I needed a reminder of why these past four years were worth it. I got more than that reminder. I love those kids. I see Christ's love for me through them, and I pray He uses me for His glory. Am I alone good enough to be a decent teacher to these precious kids - no. But Christ in me is. I pray that His light would shine brighter and brighter each day and that this whole ride would be for His glory!
I won't live in fear and doubt. I desire to submit fully to His will. I want His perfect will for my life to be worked out. His perfect plan that is far better than anything I could ever imagine. I trust Him in that. I trust Him that next year I am supposed to be a CI special ed. teacher at West. I trust Him that this burden on my heart for Africa isn't pointless - that it's there for a reason and in His perfect timing He will use it somehow. I trust Him, that He will bring joy and fullfillment to my life that only He can bring.
"But I have raised you up for this purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." ~ Exodus 9:16

No comments: