Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Life Update - Still Missing Tinca a Year Later!
Not much to update - life's been busy but good :) I'm really enjoying spending as much time as I can at Parkside with those kids and staff before school's out. It really hit me that this is my last opportunity to spend time in the room I fell in love with so many years ago! I'm excited to be a real teacher next year though! It's been a long wait for that! I just love the kids so much, so I can't wait! Of course I'm still struggling just as much as ever with my brokeness for orphans. I'm looking into/thinking about going to Haiti over Christmas break next year. I've gotten connected with some people and facilities there that I have already fallen in love with. Part of my heart is still in Africa - that I'm sure of - but Haiti is considerably cheaper to travel to. And, the faces of these beautiful children, dying without family, are in my mind constantly. I would love to hold them and love them. So, that's what I'm praying about right now. It's also hard to believe it's been a whole year since I've been home from Romania. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about that place, don't look at those pictures, or pray for those children. I miss Tinca. I miss everything about it, honestly! What joy I had in that place holding precious Abel! I'm moving from being sad about all the orphans though - God's gonna use me somehow. Maybe he already has, we were both so happy in that picture. I trust that greater things are yet to come, for me, for Abel, for Tinca, for Haiti, for Ethiopia.... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hi...I just came across your blog. I believe we live in the same town. Check out our blog...stop by and let me know you visited. I recognize one of your students in the picture...so assume we live close???
Yes...we do live in Normal. I recognized Taylor (I think that is her name.) Contact me at hnsly24@yahoo.com if you would like.
Audrey
Post a Comment